TRIME – TRIAS MORES ENERGETICA
Summary: TRIME was a project set up to help tenants in social housing save energy and money on their bills.
Description: The TRIME project was set up to explore how social housing residents can be helped to reduce their energy use and cost of bills. As a result, there is now an online resource that will help social housing organisations set up an energy saving advice model.
- Clarion Housing Association (London, UK)
- Havensteder (Rotterdam, NL)
- Vilogia (Lille, France)
- Polylogis (Paris, UK)
- Eigen Haard (Amsterdam, NL)
- Zonnige Kempen (Belgium)
- TU Delft (NL)
- U Centric ( Belgium)
- Intent Technologies (France)
Funded by: INTERREG NWE
The aims of the project were:
- To reach residents through the energy saving advice model using resident Energy Ambassadors
- To reach residents through promoting the Challenge
- To measure the energy saved by residents
The main benefits of delivering an energy saving advice model are:
- Increased social interaction between tenants and neighbouring households
- Carbon reduction
- Tenants get to save some money
- Supports the environmental goals of social housing organisations
The project is now complete and this site offers the research, the Energy Challenge and materials developed during the pilot. They are available here for other social housing organisations to adapt if needed.