23jun10:0012:00Virtual EventCHARM UK Online Training WorkshopAdopting Circular Housing Strategies: On the road to net zero
What is the circular economy and how can it be adopted in housing development and construction? One of the key questions during the UK Online Training Workshop, called:
What is the circular economy and how can it be adopted in housing development and construction? One of the key questions during the UK Online Training Workshop, called: ‘Adopting Circular Housing Strategies: On the road to net zero’ by social housing organisation GreenSquareAccord, University of Birmingham and Interreg North West Europe (NWE) project CHARM.
Register now for this FREE Online Training Workshop on 23 June 2022 from 10:00 – 12:00 (GMT). Please sign up via Eventbrite: click here.
EFL is partner of CHARM. The main project objective of CHARM is to optimise (re)use of material and natural resources. Other objective is to demonstrate innovative approaches for housing renovation and asset management that prevent downcycling. The project also wants to secure adoption of these approaches within the housing organisation partners, as well as to accelerate the adoption of such approaches throughout the social housing industry.
What is the workshop about?
What is the circular economy and how can it be adopted in housing development and construction? How can up-cycling, reducing waste and choosing sustainable building materials reduce your embodied carbon footprint? What are the policy challenges and practical barriers for your organisation on the road to net zero?
How has sustainable social housing pioneer GreenSquareAccord adopted circular housing principles in the design and construction of 12 virtually plastic free homes in Redditch town centre and in a new co-operative circular housing development in Stirchley?
What are short, medium and long-term strategic and practical steps you can take to embed and take advantage of circular economic approaches? Who are key organisations to work with and how can they help?
The workshop includes:
- Introduction to CHARM (Circular Housing Asset and Renovation Management) with TU Delft.
- The net zero housing policy context in the UK with Dr Halima Sacranie, Housing and Communities Research Group, University of Birmingham.
- Learning from circular housing developments in practice with Carl Taylor, Assistant Director of New Business, Green Square Accord.
- A number of breakout interactive sessions with smaller groups of 6-8 participants and workshop co-ordinators around structured tasks.
- A take-away of resources from the workshop discussions, additional reference material and network details.
(Thursday) 10:00 - 12:00
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!